What is Object Oriented Programming ?
OOP is a programming paradigm(style) for code organization and design.
Object Oriented Programming concept developed in the 1960’s.
The first few programming languages which are designed as OOP are Simula67, Smalltalk.
The OOP paradigm breaks a program in to multiple cooperating objects.
Then each object holds some data and functionality.
Characteristics of OOP Paradigm:
1. Data and functionality are organized in object.
2. Perhaps most widely used programming paradigm
3. Better code re-usability and recycled.
4. Easily maintainable software
5. Promotes collaboration and code extension.
Why learn OOP?
1. Widely used programming paradigm
2. With OOP its, Easier to use, read, collaborate, maintain and extend code
3. Complex software are to be managed, OOP helps in manage complex programs
4. Learning OOP is necessary next step to into the larger world of software development
What are OOP Three Pillars ?
Before you continue further, its good to have some basic Python programming knowledge.
Have a look at below list.
What are the prerequisites for this course ?
1. Basic understanding Python syntax
2. Know how to write and debug small python functions
3. Knowledge of built in types like, numbers, strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, sets, files
4. Understanding of how for and while loops work
5. Able to use conditional statements, if-elif-else
If you’re not sure, skim through Python 101, which covers all the basics.